News & Blog
News stories from the Chamber and related news are listed in the table below
Position at Saltire Hospitality Ltd
15th April 2019
Saltire Hospitality Ltd are a family owned, Scottish Catering and Hospitality company, based in Edinburgh. We have an exciting opportunity available for a Venue Catering Coordinator at one of our Edinburgh City Centre venues. As the new Venue Catering Coordinator, you are a vital part of our fantastic team providing all clients with great food and service. The successful candidate will have a bubbly and enthusiastic personality and be extremely passionate about the food and hospitality industry.
The role responsibilities will include;
- Working closely with the venue team.
- Meeting and greeting clients when they arrive at the venue.
- Assisting clients with the coordination and planning of their event.
- Providing clients with the best possible experience and personal level of service.
- Assisting with daily venue tasks and responsibilities, room set ups, breakdowns.
- Overseeing set up of an event, right through to event delivery.
- Front of house event duties, room sets, serving, clearing.
- Looking after and maintaining the venue, keeping all equipment well organised and presentable.
- Recording event feedback, staff timings, consumption records.
- Producing equipment orders and stock sheets weekly.
- Daily updating of booking systems and event schedules.
- Working both independently and within our existing sales and events team.
- Meeting with clients and maintaining a high level of customer care at all times.
- Attending sales meetings where required, working to targets and developing new ideas and assisting with marketing.
The ideal candidate will host the following attributes;
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Have a friendly and approachable manner.
- A love for food and awareness of food trends and innovation.
- Knowledge of food safety, health and safety, awareness of food allergies and intolerances.
- Strong communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Computer literate.
- High level of customer care, going above and beyond and providing our clients with the best possible experience.
- The ability to work closely within a team, assisting and helping each other with day to day duties
- Managing a series/broad range of events at one time.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work varying hours including evenings/weekends.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca@saltirehospitality.co.uk
- Salaried position, dependant on experience.
- Full time, average of 45 hour per week (please note we are looking for someone who can be flexible and attend the occasional evening meeting/event/weekends.
- The position is available immediately.